What We Believe
About the Bible
About Jesus Christ
About the Holy Spirit
- The Bible is God's word to us and is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
- The entire Bible is the infallible, revealed Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, to which nothing can be added or taken away (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Romans 1:16).
- In the five-fold ministry as defined in the Holy scriptures according to (Ephesians 4:11,12) and in the diversities of gifts by the same Spirit.
- (1 Corinthians 12:1-31)
- And that all things should be done with Charity, for without Charity it profits nothing for the Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
- There is only one living God, eternal and with unlimited power. He is the Creator of all things, and in one God there are three distinct persons — the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:6; Matthew 28:19; John 5:17).
About Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, assumed the human body through the Virgin Mary, was made of flesh and so is truly God and truly human (John 1:14; Luke 1:27-35; 1 Peter 3:18).
- That Jesus was a sinless person and died in our stead in place of sinners, making full atonement for our sins in His body on the Cross (Ephesians 1:17. Isaiah 53:2; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Corinthians 1:30). He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven and will return again to Earth to reign as king of kings and lord of lords. (Matthew 1:22,23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; Hebrews 4:14,15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13).
- That Jesus Himself, bore all our infirmities and therefore "divine healing is for today" (James 5:14; Matthew 8:18)
About the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the God-Head (the Trinity), and is co-equal to the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives within every Christian from the moment of Salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth and guidance in doing what is right. The believer can be Holy Spirit filled, empowered and led. on a daily basis. (II Corinthians 3;17; John 16:7-13; 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12; 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; 5:18; Galatians 5:25; Luke 11:13)
- In the Genesis account of Creation and that man was made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1 & 2).
- That man was created in innocence under God’s Law, but voluntarily fell into transgression in consequence of which we are all made sinners (Romans 5:12; Genesis 7:10; 1 Timothy 2:13-14).
- That the Regeneration or the New Birth is received only through faith in Christ Jesus who was delivered up for our trespasses and was raised for our justification; and, they who are in Christ Jesus are new creatures (Romans 3:24-25; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Corinthians 1: 30).
- In the water baptism by single immersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, according to the commission of Christ (Matthew 28:18-19).
- In the baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance (Acts 2:4).
- In observance of the Lord’s Supper. When Christ, having taken bread, gave thanks and broke it and gave it to them saying, “This is My body which is given for you; this do in remembrance of Me.” Likewise also He took the cup after saying, “This is the New Testament in My blood which is shed for you.” (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:24; John 13:4-17).
- That the Lord Himself (before the tribulation) shall descend from heaven and catch away, or “Rapture”, the Bride of Christ, which is the church (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelations 20:6).
- That there shall be a bodily resurrection of all dead, just and unjust. The unjust shall go away into everlasting punishment; the just into everlasting life. (Revelations 20: 11-12; Matthew 25:46).
- That we should give our tithes, (10% of our income), and the offering (that which is above our tithes) as the Lord prospers us. (Malachi 3:10; 1 Corinthians 9:13-14; 1 Corinthians 16:2).